Apple white cranberry peach cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindiB

Reaction score
Well I decided to post my experiment so here it is

For 3 gal
1 1/2 gal 3 apple blend tree top juice
1 gal white cran peach ocean spray
2 lb dextrose
4 lb fine cane sugar
Notty yeast danstar brand

I didn't heat anything I just poured out some juice added sugars shook the hell out of bottles and dumped them in after all juice and sugar was added put bung on carboy and shook the hell out of that then took off bung and sprinkled on my notty yeast

My OG was 1.120 but I think that's a little off because the sugar wasn't completely dissolved anyhow the juice blend was fantastic and I'm making this sweet and I'm going to bottle carb so ill post more as this progresses

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Well so far so good the yeast is already making my airlock move its only been almost 3 hours since I pitched the yeast

Chugging away !!

1393452500116.jpg

I think this cider is guna be sweeeet!!!!

Like sweet as in sugary or sweet like really good? Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Home Brew mobile app

I want to make a cranberry cider for my wedding so I'm super interested in this

Sent from my XT1080 using Home Brew mobile app

Like sweet good Im giving this a taste and a hydro reading tonight or tomorrow to see where its at I'm aiming for a sweet bottle carbed sider with a slightly high abv

Well took a hydro reading I'm thinking too much sugar but maybe not its candy sweet but lots of apple flavor and a good peach aftertaste I can't be for sure about the sugar yet its only been 4 days ill check it again in another 4 I like this Nottingham yeast it stinks like bread yeast but has no taste freakin awesome !

Wow its kinda good real sweet I guess if someone else wants to make this only use 3 cups of sugar and let it go for 8 days if the taste is right then I would rack to bottling bucket and bottle then wait for bottles to carb and pasturize

I do believe I am going to give this a try but make it a 5 gallon batch. I like the idea of not letting it ferment dry and with the cold weather I can rack it, stick it outside and cold crash, then bottle like 2 days later.

If you cold crash it its going to take much longer to bottle carb if your going that route which I am and also only add one cup sugar per gallon I added way too much sugar I forgot I was using ale yeast but as far as I know I can acheve about 16.5 % with that much sugar as long as the yeast doesn't crap out tghe juices I mixed are awesome together

Its looking good tho still bubbly and its starting to smell like the juice I put in it and not the yeast I hope this one turns out great even tho I over did it on sugar I was aiming to keep its apple cran peach flavor

Well its about time for a hydro reading I hope it dried out enough just to be a sweet strong cider

For 5 gal
3gal AJ treetop 3 apple blend
2 gal white cran peach
1cup sugar per gal
Nottingham yeast danstar brand
just dump some juice add suars to bottle and shake the crap out of it when all sugar plus juice and yeast has been added put on air lock if you sprinkle a bit of yeast then swirl it add a little more and swirl it till all yeast has gradually been swirled in you fermentation starts quick like less then 3 hours mine was in 2 and a 1/2 hours

Notes :
this is for a cider not wine if you change the yeast to a wine or champagne yeast use 2 cups of suar or dextrose per gallon

Ok well I took a hydo reading today smells like peach schnapps it went from 1.120 to 1.078 its about 9.8% still pretty sweet a little too sweet but taste like apple peach juice I'm guna let it go and check again on Wednesday I'm guna try to get it down to 1.010 then try to bottle carb

I bottled yesterday yay this stuff is very good very strong waiting for carbination then I will pasturize

Back