Apple mango bannana cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrew93

Reaction score
I just put this together. This is my first batch of more than a gallon at a time. Although I have made a few smaller batches so far with decent results.

The ingredients below were boiled up now and will go in a 7 gallon fermenter with 1 - 2 packets of Red Star Cote de Blancs Wine Yeast. My pot is at most a 5 gallon pot. So I added some more water to the leftover liquid before I siphoned it all into my fermenter. I am aiming for between 5-7 finished gallons of product at the end of my fermetation. Anyone here have thoughts on this?

2.6 lbs Granny Smitth

2.6 lbs golden delicious

5.75 lbs red delicious

3 large mangoes

3.5 lbs bannanas (weight is the unpeeled weight. I am not using the peels as some do)

5 lbs dominoes brown sugar.

Attachments

• 20190728_152807.jpg
    20190728_152807.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Maybe I have an unsophisticated pallet. But I tasted this stuff and I think it's yummy.

Wanting to know what the clarification time and shelf life on a dry cider is.
I plan to drink it in march time for a family gathering.

How long should I let it sit now and settle? When should I bottle? WHat can I do to best keep it till drinking?

Right now it is just clarifying and sitting on the shelf settling out. But I am wondering about bottling processes and wether yes/no carbonation will impact the shelf life..

so I am hoping to hear a few insights from the peeps here.

Last edited:
I make cider but not too wild in the ingredients. I've made three banana beers in the past.

That's something I should try...

I just saw that you used 5 lbs of sugar in that. I can't drink much with lots of sugar. It gives me migraine-like headaches.

Most of your sugar should come from juice not sugar.

You can use sulfites when it's done. It's easier to bulk prime, fill bottles and carbonate then chill to them for awhile. Keep them chilled.

Believe it or not, There is no sugar left in the taste. It all fermented out actually. Totally dry.
I have them now sitting with cinamon sticks and a small amunt of cloves for a little kick.
I know my recipe is a little wild. actually it is tame compared to my previous batch. that was like a fruit cocktail. But again.. I liked it and gave it to some friends who also seemed to enjoy.

So you saying I should carbonate and bottle and then keep in a cool place and they will last longest that way? How long does it need to sit still now? to clarify?

Back