AP Flour Added But Not That Cloudy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddyWeiser

Reaction score
I recently brewed a hefeweizen using WLP320. I added 1 tbs of all purpose flour to the boil @ 15 min (5 gal batch). I did this even though I never planned to keg and do plan to roll/swirl the yeast into the beer when pouring out of the bottles.

I figured the more cloudy and wheaty the better! I did not use irish moss nor any other type of fining agent. This beer sat in the primary for 9 days, no secondary, and only been in the bottle for 9 more days.
hefe-55349.jpg

Did I use the wrong amount/wrong time for the flour? Or is this all the foggier it gets?

I recently brewed a hefeweizen using WLP320. I added 1 tbs of all purpose flour to the boil @ 15 min (5 gal batch). I did this even though I never planned to keg and do plan to roll/swirl the yeast into the beer when pouring out of the bottles.

I figured the more cloudy and wheaty the better! I did not use irish moss nor any other type of fining agent. This beer sat in the primary for 9 days, no secondary, and only been in the bottle for 9 more days.
hefe-55349.jpg

Did I use the wrong amount/wrong time for the flour? Or is this all the foggier it gets?

when you pour the beer swirl the last bit of beer/yeast around and pour into the glass and you will have your cloudy beer.

Yeah, the flour is supposed to make the beer cloudy. It seems I either didn't boil the flour long enough or I used too little, as my beer is not cloudy. As stated in my OP, I know it will get cloudy once the yeast on the bottom is swirled back in.

My intention was to get super cloudy beer whether or not my lite american lager loving audience knew they are supposed to swirl halfway through pouring the beer into a glass. I mean, most of em would just as soon drink straight from the bottle after stuffing a slice of lemon into it. The less I have to tell them how to drink a beer, the more I expect they'll enjoy it. :mug:

Latest posts

Back