Anyone with experience using PB2 (powdered peanut butter)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how1

Reaction score
I'm going to brew a Brown ale and want to add PB2. Going to add a jar with 5 minutes left in the boil and another jar in secondary. My question is ...Should I rack the beer on top of the PB@ in the secondary or rack the beer into the secondary first, then dump the PB2 on top of the beer and let it settle through the beer?

If it were me I'd probably add it to primary after fermentation is complete, or add at bottling. If you do secondary, rack the beer onto the pb2.

I agree with priceless. I'd add after primary fermentation or rack onto it in the secondary. I'd probably double up two muslin sacks (like dry hopping) and get some weight to drop to try and keep the particles from dispersing to much.

But hey, try your method and let us know how it goes. It could turn out amazing adding it to the boil and after fermentation.

I used it once. Did a jar in the boil then I took a jar, added cocoa nibs and soaked it in vodka before adding it to the secondary and made a Pb porter. It was delicious.

Latest posts

Back