Anyone with a keezer and Perlick 525's? READ THIS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlomo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

thought i'd post this on here as it helped me quite a bit. I have 2 perlick 525ss faucets on my keezer for a long time now that i hate using. They leak all the time, and just cause so many issues. I've replaced 2 of my other taps with the newer model (630's i believe) but have been on the fence about actually replacing the 525's or just dealing with it.

I saw a note from Intertap's faucets using springs to keep the faucet closed. Thought it wouldnt hurt to buy the spring from my LHBS and try them in my perlicks. Lo and behold they work perfectly!

So to anyone who is wanting to ditch their old 525's because they leak from not seating fully, give this a try as it might squeeze a little more life out of your taps.

Oh, and as a heads up for those of you who want self closing taps on the newer perlicks this should work on their other non flow control taps as well. I'll be buying 2 more of the springs when i get a chance and putting them in my other taps. Just helps to not have to worry about things leaking on me.

FYI. This is the spring.
https://www.morebeer.com/products/intertap-closing-faucet-spring.html?site_id=7

My 525's have never leaked, but this is good info.

I say they have never leaked, but the a$$hole who loads in a fresh keg always bumps the other tap and feeds a half pint to the floor.

This was well discussed and verified on the intertap thread. I actually bought some springs too, but before I even installed them, I decided to switch to Intertap FC faucets.

So I still have my 6 springs.

This was well discussed and verified on the intertap thread. I actually bought some springs too, but before I even installed them, I decided to switch to Intertap FC faucets.

So I still have my 6 springs.

Somehow i must have missed that thread while searching for info from others on if they fit in the Perlicks. Good to know though, thanks for the info.

I'll probably move to the intertaps myself at some point but this gets me closer to not needing to. I like the removable tips for more flexibility.

Back