Anyone up for a glassware group buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8shandini

Reaction score
I'm assuming that, like me, a lot of us have a ton of standard pint glasses, but are lacking in specialty glassware. I've seen a few sets for sale out there, but they're expensive and usually include an English pint glass and tulip, both of which I have covered.

Looking at some of the online restaurant supply stores, most styles can be had for $2 to $4 per glass, but you have to buy in cases of 12, 24, or in some cases, 72. So, I'm wondering if I could get a group together to split some cases into sets of 2 or 4 glasses each of several styles. So far, I'm thinking of the following:

Pilsner:
551247_md.jpg

Weizen:
5511629_md.jpg

Belgian Style Teardrop:
5513915_md.jpg

and a Stange (for Koelsch):
5502000013_CS_md.jpg

or "Willi Becher" (various German styles):
55090248_md.jpg

If anyone is interested, or would like to request a change to the lineup, please reply to this thread. Also, please let me know how many of each type you'd like. If I get enough interest, I'll put together a final price and work out the shipping details.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed that there's a group buy section, but it seems to be for ingredients. If this isn't the proper section, could one of the Mods please relocate this thread for me?

I might be up for the Willie Becher, if I can get that glass in 16oz size. What is the minimum required quantity to buy?

Depends on how many folks we get going in. The cases are usually either 12 or 24 glasses, so my initial idea was that I'd be looking to buy 24 of each style and break them up into sets of at least one of each type. I suppose I could offer singles, but the bookkeeping would quickly become fairly complicated and it probably wouldn't be worth it for you guys when you factor in the shipping costs.

Also, to be clear, I think the first three glasses would be fairly popular, but I'm looking for feedback on the final type (Stange or Willi). The one most folks would be looking to buy would be included in the set - or both if enough people want to do that.

Depends on how many folks we get going in. The cases are usually either 12 or 24 glasses, so my initial idea was that I'd be looking to buy 24 of each style and break them up into sets of at least one of each type. I suppose I could offer singles, but the bookkeeping would quickly become fairly complicated and it probably wouldn't be worth it for you guys when you factor in the shipping costs.

Also, to be clear, I think the first three glasses would be fairly popular, but I'm looking for feedback on the final type (Stange or Willi). The one most folks would be looking to buy would be included in the set - or both if enough people want to do that.

Totally understand. I would buy more than one, but didn't want say 12. I'm liking six of those glasses. I do have six of each of the others. If the buy requires everyone buying each of those styles, I'll have to pass.

Well, I guess that's another way we could go about it. I'm in the market for about 4 of each of the styles listed but I can live with 6. If anyone (or a couple of anyones) wants to buy 6-8 of a single style I'd be happy to split a case with you (assuming a case of 12) and I'll just knock that style off the list.

Edit:
Looking at the shipping costs, the minimum cost for a single case means this wouldn't work unless I ordered everything at once. For example, the glasses Yesfan is interested in are one of the cheaper ones and would cost me $30 including $12 shipping. If I split that with him and add in the $12 or more it would cost me to ship to him he might as well just get a case for himself and give away what he can't use. However, shipping on 5 cases is only $20, so that might be feasible if we had a large enough group.

Latest posts

Back