Anyone tried the Gulden Draak clone from AHB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajohnson153

Reaction score
I noticed the Austin Homebrew Supply site has a Gulden Draak extract clone. I was wondering if anyone had ever brewed this particular kit? If you have how did it turn out? Any tips tricks or otherwise that are not listed in the instructions? I only ask because it is a rather expensive kit and I don't want to spend that much $$ if the beer is not good.

Haven't tried the kit but have made the all-grain batch a few times and it is very good. I like the beer and would suggest you try it, assuming the kit gets about 10% ABV.

Yeah, I hear good things about the Austin Home Brew Supply kits. Maybe for a second or third brew I will try this one. For my first beer I don't want to brew anything that needs to age for 8 months or more. I was thinking of getting the Black IPA kit from Northern and giving that a shot. But a Gulden Draak clone is definitely on my list of things to do as that is one hell of a good beer.

Back