Anyone tried a wine fermenter like this? (image enclosed)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mer-man

Reaction score
Italian-made wine fermenters. Basically just a brew bucket.

I like it because it will fit in my fridge and has a clamp lid, so I can pressure transfer.

Anyone have experience with em?

Attachments

• oltank-med-fladbund.jpg
    oltank-med-fladbund.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 87
Used one for years. Forget about pressure transferring. For one, the lid does not seal properly, and even if it did that type of clamp will not withstand any pressure, you just risk ending up with a big lid-shaped gash in your forehead or worse.

Used one for years. Forget about pressure transferring. For one, the lid does not seal properly, and even if it did that type of clamp will not withstand any pressure, you just risk ending up with a big lid-shaped gash in your forehead or worse.

Yes, I do not expect one could ferment under pressure. I am only looking to use like 1 psi to transfer beer to a keg. Fermentation would be under a normal airlock.

Would this style be better?
https://www.polsinelli.it/en/50-l-stainless-steel-beer-fermenter-P929.htm

These designs cannot really withstand even just 1 PSI of pressure. Even if you get the gaslet to actually seal the lid will bend and possibly be permanently damaged. Worst case it will slip free of the clamp and go flying around the room which is no fun for anyone standing next to it.

I guess I will just buy a brew bucket. I didn't realise they were so cheap. And I think one can push with CO2 out of em

Back