Anyone have experience with Mosaic or Galaxy hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHomeBrewer

Reaction score
Currently sitting on an APA in which I used Warrior/Citra and Amarillo but have been hearing a lot about Mosaic & Galaxy hops and I was thinking about making something with these two. Do these hops play well together or are they too unique on their own that it would be a waste to pair them up? What goes well with each and does anyone have a decent extract recipe with either?

Thanks

Mosaic dry-hopped beer is probably the most delicious thing I've ever had.

I made an all Mosaic IPA. Mosaic are PHENOMENAL.

I used NB's Dead Ringer as a base based on its great reviews. Only one thing I would change. I would not use Mosaic as a bittering hop again. Even though it is a high AA hop, there is so much going on with it that, for me, it didn't produce a very "clean" bitter which really masked the bitter quality in an IPA. I would use something cleaner like Columbus. I have had great success with Columbus hops in citrusy IPA's. (Also would cut the crystal in half but that's beside the point).

But that's me nit picking. It is still a great beer and you will fall in love with Mosaic hops.

Happy brewing tomorrow

I am almost done with a golden strong ale hoped and dry hoped with mosaic and so far it tastes delicious!

I love both of those hops, but never tried them together. Galaxy are my new favorite hops. I only have 3 bottles left from a Galaxy IPA I'm saving for a club meeting. I don't know if they'll make it through the weekend. Definitely let us know how it turns out; sounds like a good combo.

Back