Anyone ever force carb a keg of water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
I've been trying to get off soda (2-5 sodas a week but still) and have been enjoying sparking mineral water.

All that said I'm cheap, and don't like buying stuff in packages if I can avoid it. I don't see any reason why I can't force carb a corny keg of water and hook it up to my kegerator. I wouldn't be out much if it didn't work. That said, has anyone done this?

Never done it myself but lots of HBT folks do it regularly. It's no different than carbing beer to around 3.5 – 4.2 volumes of CO2, just use your handy dandy carbonation table, find your serving temperature and it'll tell you how high to dial the CO2.

At an example dispensing temperature of 40°F that pressure will be verging on 30psi. You will definitely need very long lines to dispense soda, unless you drop down an ID size from "normal" beer tubing's 3/16" ID to 1/8" ID. At 3/16" ID I'd plan on installing 30 feet of tubing and work from there...

Cheers!

We always have a keg of seltzer on tap. It's not like beer. Shaking is fine. Set your regulator at 25-30 psi. Shake like you mean it. Instant seltzer!

I got tired of filling a keg every week or so and put together a new system yesterday.

On Demand Seltzer Water

Back