Anybody know anything about projectors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkapottomous

Reaction score
I have an Acer projector I got from SWMBO's little brother around christmas-time and it's worked great for playing XBOX and watching movies on the wall.

we get back from out of town yesterday and I go to turn it on this afternoon and nothing.

the power indicator light comes on, and when you go to turn on the projector the fan kicks on and then nothing.

anybody know what I could do to get this damn thing to turn on?

It's the brewing gods telling you to turn off the XBOX and movies and brew some more beer.

Knowing zero about projectors, I would have guess the lamp, but since it's flickering or something I"m putting my money on the lamp power supply.

It's the brewing gods telling you to turn off the XBOX and movies and brew some more beer.

Knowing zero about projectors, I would have guess the lamp, but since it's flickering or something I"m putting my money on the lamp power supply.

it's not the lamp that's flickering, it's the actual power button on the projector. Just clarifying.

and no grains. :(

It's trying to light the lamp, but it needs to wait a certain amount of time - no idea how long - should be just a few minutes.

If you try cycling power on/off for a few times it might get it started. However, there is a decent chance the bulb is going out.

I have metal halide lamps over my fish tank that do that same thing. Electronic ballast gives them about 10 tries then gives up when the lamps are shot. So, maybe you're right, maybe it's just the lamp.

It's trying to light the lamp, but it needs to wait a certain amount of time - no idea how long - should be just a few minutes.

If you try cycling power on/off for a few times it might get it started. However, there is a decent chance the bulb is going out.

yeah, I'm thinking that's what's going on. I messed with it a little bit and now it's just back to kicking the fan on, going off, and kicking the back on again a few times before stopping. sounds like what you guys are talking about. Guess I need a new bulb already. I thought they lasted a lot longer than three months.

i have 2 projectors... while i haven't had that issue, a ton of the stuff i've read on the subject leads me to think the bulb is out...
do you have the manual for it? when soemthing shorts or something is wrong on most newer electronic devices the power button blinks a code to let you know whats up... could be something simple as in the lamp is just shot and the power can't get through, the unit inside that powers the light could be shot etc. find out how many blinks it is then go through the manual

i have 2 projectors... while i haven't had that issue, a ton of the stuff i've read on the subject leads me to think the bulb is out...
do you have the manual for it? when soemthing shorts or something is wrong on most newer electronic devices the power button blinks a code to let you know whats up... could be something simple as in the lamp is just shot and the power can't get through, the unit inside that powers the light could be shot etc. find out how many blinks it is then go through the manual
unfortunately I don't have the manual. SWMBO's brother snagged it from his work...and I think this is the same problem they had with it. he said they were throwing it out because they were just going to buy a new one and he snagged it. Had the new bulb in it and everything.

I'm surprised that it went out this fast though.

Back