Any Windows Server admins out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJoyce85

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any network admins out there (particularly using Windows Server 2008 R2 or later) that would be willing to answer some questions for me?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home

Awesome.
So I'm finishing up my Windows Server 2012 Installation and Config class and we have to write a paper (I hate writing papers for IT).
Here is a quick scenario.

WAI will start with 90 employees, in the following departments:
Executives (9 employees) – manage and run the company
Accounts and Sales Department (15 employees) – perform market research and maintain accounts
Creative, Media and Production Department (49 employees) – advertising
Human Resources and Finances (12 employees) – perform HR and financial duties
IT (5 employees) – manage IT for the company
WAI will have two sites, one in Los Angeles and one in New York. Most staff will be located in LA, with at least 1 person from each of the departments above located in NY.
Networking equipment is already in place for both sites. A secure tunnel (using IPSec) will be established between the two sites so that inter-site traffic will be securely tunneled over the Internet. You may make whatever other assumptions you wish about intra-and inter-site connectivity.
Security mechanisms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection) will be handled separately, and there is no need to describe them.
Some departments will want their data to remain private from other departments (e.g., Finances personnel will not want Production staff to see the company’s financial details). Your team may make assumptions about how data should be shared or kept private.
Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; all assumptions should be identified, however.

While I understand the concepts that we are covering, I'm one of those people that has a problem seeing the whole picture unless I can get some hands on with it.
So here are my questions.
One question is how many servers and what roles to combine?
How many AD domains?

My answer would be a single AD domain, one Hyper-V server in each site, two VMs on each Hyper-V server (one Domain Controller, one File Server). Fire 3-4 IT people, it doesn't take that many to run this place. :)

Latest posts

Back