any way to un-auto tune a 2352syl?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dye4me

Reaction score
I have recently added a second syl 2352 to control a separate element. I did basic set up and did not auto tune it. It runs great. Get to temp shuts off comes on when the temp drops. My old one fires on sparadically non stop 10 degrees either side on sv. I have auto tuned it and it has done this ever since. Any way to make this thing forget it's auto tuning? I sure wish I had never auto tuned it.

Have you reviewed all of your settings? I have auto tuned all of my PID's multiple times and have not had an issue. I checked the manual and did not see a "factory reset"

There is this in the trouble shooting section.

9.5 On on/off mode, although hysteresis is set to 0.3, the unit is running 5
degrees above and below.
If the Hy is very small and temperature changes very quickly, users will need to
consider the delay of the cycle time (the parameter t). For example, if cycle
time is 20 seconds, when the temperature passes the SV + Hy after the
beginning of a 20 seconds cycle, the relay will not act until the start of the next
cycle 20 seconds later. Users may change the cycle time to a smaller value,
such as 2 seconds, to get better precision control.

Sounds like it either never finished autotuning or the autotuning was not done with the same load (amount of liquid) as you normally use it with. Also if its a rims pid you want to autotune with the same flow rate and amount of liquid as well otherwise the values wont be in the right range.

Back