Any suggestions on the Lagering Cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_Bear

Reaction score
I don't have a fridge or anything to provide a stable cooler temperature in that form, however I live in Michigan and it is winter time... Would it be alright to just store it in my cool basement or cool barn, or should i buy a temperature control for an old fridge that I have? Any suggestions, tips, or tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Beer_Bear

you would be fine in the basement or barn since the temp swings will be from friking freezing to merely freezing as opposed to here in oakland where it's 65 by day and 35 by night. make sure your beer doesn't freeze solid of course.

it won't freeze, its cold down there but not THAT cold. I was trying to design/craigslist a small fridge to fit my bucket, but i need the money and the time lol. It remains in the 40's is my guess, our heat isn't on during the days really, but is the process to lower it 1-3 degrees each day until its in the 40's that important? This batch has been a pain in the back side, as my yeast took forever, i had to stir something mad to get them going! Scary moments for me lol And thank you for the welcomes!

Also does it matter the temp the yeast is fermenting at? It started in the upper 50s low 60s, couldn't get it tO go at a lower temp, will this harm my brew?

Back