Any recommendations 5 gal extract IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMH_

Reaction score
Looking for an extract (liquid) recipe for a quality IPA.
Something that would work well seasonally for drinking in January. (Bottling).

Thanks!

Ps we use beersmith in case that helps.cheers

Some of my students have brewed Brewer's Best Black IPA and Brewer's Best Falconer's Flight IPA, and both have turned out well. Brewer's Best also has a red rye IPA that looks like it would be good, but I have not had anyone try it, yet.

Thanks everyone.

I've tried converting once. Didn't have any luck getting the numbers to look right.

Thanks everyone.

I've tried converting once. Didn't have any luck getting the numbers to look right.

If you post a recipe you want to do folks will help you convert it. IME beersmith is good for scaling but hit or miss converting extract to all grain and vice versa.

+1 To NB's Dead Ringer. Its a simple straightforward recipe and is delicious. I have also had good results with their Chinook IPA.

Look at yooper's house pale ale.
I believe she posted an extract recipe as well. Good stuff.

If you post a recipe you want to do folks will help you convert it. IME beersmith is good for scaling but hit or miss converting extract to all grain and vice versa.

I do like the scaling. And have found its readings and Color estimations pretty accurate.
Big fan.

Thanks again everyone!

New here and already love this community.
Cheers for the help everyone!

Back