any car dealers out there? appraisal question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
so i am getting ready to trade in my jeep towards a truck. every question i have had in the past few years, someone on this board has had an answer to, so i figured i would hit you guys up once again.

i have a 2001 wrangler with a hard top and a soft top. i have seen hard tops selling online for around $600. is the dealer going to value it this much, or should i trade in my jeep with only the soft top and sell the hard top to someone else?

I'd be more worried that the dealer wont give you what the jeep is worth. Your best bet is to sell the whole thing yourself.

They will have a set value for the hardtop, probably less than $600.

i am a dealer and yes you should sell them both separately, jeeps have a huge used market value and it should take you no time to sell it especially right before summer. sell it for kelly blue book value "private party retail" which should be more than the dealer will give you with the soft top, and sell the hard top on ebay or craigslist for what they are going for. hope this helps

Latest posts

Back