Any brewers in the Conway Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a couple

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

That Cheyenne in the background just makes that pic!

Yes Sir, 1976 Cheyenne 4x4, Auto w/factory air... It's been my Baby since 2007. I've got $21,000 in it but I plan on selling it soon. Got my eye on a Jeep Scrambler to make a project out of...

Yours looks familiar

It's in the Brewing Rigs thread.... I moved up from 10 gallon kettles and a turkey fryer last Christmas but I haven't been home long enough to get it all plumbed. I've got a box full of valves, TC fittings and several other miscellaneous bells and whistles. I've yet to brew on it! I plan on the maiden brew in December when I get home on a 30 day break!

Well I'm just getting started. I'll look you up when I get back into town!

I posted on your other thread that you are welcome to come over today. I'm brewing and can answer just about any question you have about any part of brewing. I agree with you about the automated part... I like making beer 'manually'... :mug:
Bob

I posted on your other thread that you are welcome to come over today. I'm brewing and can answer just about any question you have about any part of brewing. I agree with you about the automated part... I like making beer 'manually'... :mug:
Bob

I'm out of town until mid Oct. I'll hit you guys up when I get back in town!

I can stand up a fb group if you guys would like? Might be easier to get a meet up or something going that way.

It's in the Brewing Rigs thread.... I moved up from 10 gallon kettles and a turkey fryer last Christmas but I haven't been home long enough to get it all plumbed. I've got a box full of valves, TC fittings and several other miscellaneous bells and whistles. I've yet to brew on it! I plan on the maiden brew in December when I get home on a 30 day break!

I was talking about this .

IMAG0959.jpg

I was talking about this .

Ha!!!!! Yes..... the personalized beer mugs.... My daughter gave me mine for Christmas last year.... My son in law built the single tier brew stand... He's such a good son-in-law.... He brought me a liter of shine the first time she brought him home to meet me..LOL.....

Chevy had to be on the front page, even the wife said so! I checked with AHA, and all we need to do is fill out a simple form, that costs nothing to be registered. Here are a couple screen shots so far, obviously lots of work left to do, today I mostly wrote some code to make the website more accessible to mobile devices and different monitor sizes.

I'm in need of a photos of some hops, hops growing would be preferable, but a hand full of whole hops would work too.

1web.jpg

2web.jpg

I don't live in Arkansas anymore. Born and raised there. I live in VA now.

got all of my 'chores' finished and decided to use some leftover grains and hops... ended up making a Rye IPA that I think may turn out nice. OG was 1.068, so it should be just where I like my IPAs... hopped with Chinook, Centennial, and cascade... :mug:

Chevy had to be on the front page, even the wife said so! I checked with AHA, and all we need to do is fill out a simple form, that costs nothing to be registered. Here are a couple screen shots so far, obviously lots of work left to do, today I mostly wrote some code to make the website more accessible to mobile devices and different monitor sizes.

I'm in need of a photos of some hops, hops growing would be preferable, but a hand full of whole hops would work too.

LOL... Looks Good Eric! Maybe you could photo shop a "For Sale" sign on the window of the Chevy.... LOL..... Just Kidding!!!! Let me know if you need anything....

I got a lot further on the website. I am going to buy the domain tomorrow. It will most likely be www.arkansashillybillyhomebrew.com but we'll see. Also going to fill out the AHA form to register us. Just wanted to wait until I had a domain for sure.

I am going to build a database for recipes, for now, just so we'll have some content I'm going to enter them manually until I have time to write all the code. I need 3-4 good recipes, that we have brewed, (preferably at least 2-3 times) and if you have a picture of that recipe with a pour or during the brew day that would be great too.

I will probably enter one of my personal recipes, probably my Shiner Ruby Redbird clone. Bob, I'd like to post your Cathy beer recipe. So 2-3 more, if anyone has them would be helpful.

Is there anyone that can make a meeting next month?

I use to have websites...the farm and my FFA chapter...never bought a domain name before... what does something like that cost? You use to be able to host your website on your ISP for free... guess not any more...? I have Cathy's beer recipe down pat, and my Centennial IPA... brewed both many many times... :) We'll see how my Rye IPA turns out....

I've got a feeling that IPA is going to be pretty damn good!

Buying a domain is basically buying (or actually renting) the actual name of the website. Since I want to host this website at my house, I will also need a service that forwards all requests for that name, to my own IP address. To further complicate the matter, most home ISPs give out IP addresses that change often, so I needed a service to keep updating my IP address too. Think of it like this, when your typing the name of a website in a browser, your really wanting the IP address of the host. I could host a website without all this, but people would have to type a long number, instead of words as a URL.

Most ISPs still offer hosting, but it's not free. Any free hosting is usually littered with ads, and extensions on the end of the domain name. I was able to purchase the domain, and forwarding service for an entire year for about 12 dollars.

So, I can officially say that we have www.arkansashillybillyhomebrew.com as a domain! I also registered us with the AHA, although it may take 1 week to process.

The website is not up yet, I have to dig out an old PC, install Apache and blah blah. Sunday night is my goal.

cool... I think I need a beer after trying to understand all of that... :D All I did today was setup my stand for deer season... and I had to bush hog a path through the 6' tall johnson grass to get to my woods... LOL.

cool... I think I need a beer after trying to understand all of that... :D All I did today was setup my stand for deer season... and I had to bush hog a path through the 6' tall johnson grass to get to my woods... LOL.

No need to get in a hurry!

Well, I downloaded Linux, had everything in order..........I have no keyboard for the extra computer. Really? 10,000 computer parts, and no effin keyboard? It would happen on a weekend I decided not to drink any beer so that I could get some stuff done.

Anyway, I ordered 60 lbs of grain, lookin to brew 15 gallons of pumpkin lager and an IPA soon. Hope all is well for everyone!

No, I got caught up getting some stuff done around the house, and my ingredients will be here Monday I think. You brew this weekend?

no... I spent Friday helping Randy move... I'll tell you later... yesterday on Petit Jean with my granddaughter... and today mowing the yard before Cathy's high school friend and her husband show up. I did work up a recipe for an Imperial IPA that I want to try I will keg the last Centennial IPA tomorrow as well as a Cathy beer. I need to get off my butt and finish the electric controller for my 20 gallon kettle. Cathy went to your new website since I don't facebook... LOL.:smack:

UH Guys... congrats on being the first google result of 'homebrew conway ar' ! You are going places, dudes!

So yeah, getting my homebrew set up soon (need to sell camera stuff first) and was hoping I could be part of the wolfpack? I see there is a facebook group, would it be weird if I asked to join?

Also, kinda urgent question, anyone here treating Conway tap water before brewing?

UH Guys... congrats on being the first google result of 'homebrew conway ar' ! You are going places, dudes!

So yeah, getting my homebrew set up soon (need to sell camera stuff first) and was hoping I could be part of the wolfpack? I see there is a facebook group, would it be weird if I asked to join?

Also, kinda urgent question, anyone here treating Conway tap water before brewing?

welcome! If your water comes from Brewer ( a fitting name) Most of my friends only add Campden for the Chloramine. I do add 3/4 tsp of Lactic Acid and 3/4 tsp of cal. chloride when I brew a house yellow beer with 6% abv. Our water is very good. The Facebook/website/brew club stuff is all Eric... he'll chime in soon.
Bob

Yeah I think our water is pretty good, and honestly there's like 1,000 other things that are going to drastically effect the flavor of your beer more. Definitely get some campden tablets when you can, use 1/4-1/2 tablet/5gallons.

Add away we'd love to have you. Welcome to the forum too by the way! What kind of beers do you like?

Glad to see we're not so hard to find these days. Of coarse number 1 search result, maybe the ONLY search result haha.

I brewed a Chimay clone earlier in the week because I had to take off due to the wife's bun in the oven. Like to brew this weekend but cycling will probably win out.

It's up and running! It took several pumpkin beers, some cussing and lots of coffee over the past couple weeks, but it works.

www.arkansashillbillyhomebrew.com

More features to come!

Ok, now we really need to meet up! I'm going to pick a Saturday at Old Chicago, who's in?

cool... congrats! looking good... just a little pic resizing and where did you get that recipe for Dirty Blonde? :drunk: You know Cathy won't drink hoppy beers... LOL

Back