Another MA Brewer Intro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanthn

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of us here...

I've been a long time lurker here so I thought I should go ahead and create an account and introduce myself. I've been brewing since 2008 when I was given my beginner kit as a birthday present, upgraded to all-grain in 2009. It has become a bit of an obsession for my wife and I over the years. I love experimenting with my own recipes; I tend to perfer malty over hoppy but I do enjoy a good "kick in the face" IPA every now and again. We also do mead and cider, found a great local place that sells fresh-pressed unpasteurized cider this year and we are loving the results so far.

I'm currently fermenting my own version of a Belgian Dark Strong using Maris Otter as a base instead of pils, made it extra dark with more special B, and upped the IBUs a little over style guidelines with Galena hops. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out...

Hey Hey!

Great to see the surge in Mass brewers on here, though it appears that most have been doing it for a while. Good luck with your brew, now if you can just move closer to the south shore I could get some more brew buddies.

:mug:

Welcome from way out west. Lot of HBT'ers in the general area, keep an eye out for brew sessions and the like.

Love Belgian dark strongs, too - some of my best beers have been that style.

Back