Another Houston Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDirtyV

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been lurking on HBT for about a week now and haven't introduced myself yet. I am an amateur brewer in Houston. I've brewed 5 extract beers (the last 3 have been mini-mash) and love it. I've read as many books/posts/articles as I could get my hands on. I learned everything from Papazian's JoHB and Designing Great Beers by Daniels. I've started my own hop garden recently (thanks to EdWort's post about hops in TX) and have begun freezing washed yeast samples in my deep freeze. My first viability test was with some Hefe yeast that had been frozen for 4 months, and it sprang back albeit slowly. I lust after AG setups and Keezers. So far, this community seems great.

Happy Brewing, :mug:

-TheDirtyV

Welcome! We are glad you are here. Since we are neighbors please call if we can ever help. What part of town are you in?

I'm near NW. inside BW8 but outside 610 north of 290. I work in Greenway and went to school at Rice so I know where you guys are. I have to admit I've been stalking your website/systems for a while now. I want to have a draft system pretty badly, but don't have the scratch for it currently.

Latest posts

Back