Another brew haul tonight.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
Stopped by the store and picked up a few things.

6 pack of Anchor's Old Foghorn
4 pack North Coast 2008 Old Stock Ale
1 Ommegang Abbey Ale
1 Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence

The guy at the liquor store also gave me a bottle of 2006 Sierra Nevada Brown Ale. The distributor brought 6 cases to them. I drank it. It definately does not stand up to time. Drinking the Foghorn right now, so far so good. Very balanced. I likes!!!:mug:

Me likes Foghorn!!! I was at a bar in Vegas a couple weeks ago that had it on tap, I couldn't get enough of it. :drunk:

Stopped by the store and picked up a few things.

6 pack of Anchor's Old Foghorn
4 pack North Coast 2008 Old Stock Ale
1 Ommegang Abbey Ale
1 Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence

The guy at the liquor store also gave me a bottle of 2006 Sierra Nevada Brown Ale. The distributor brought 6 cases to them. I drank it. It definately does not stand up to time. Drinking the Foghorn right now, so far so good. Very balanced. I likes!!!:mug:

The 07 Old Stock Ale was fantastic. Cellar one or two if you can. They improve with age. If you EVER see the barrel aged version, grab it. Phenomenal.

The Abbey ale is good. I think the Chocolate Indulgence is a total miss though. It tastes metallic to me. I was sooooo looking forward to it (belgian stouts are a rare and wonderful thing when done right) and I was let down. But maybe you'll like it!

Chocolate Indulgence did not impress me at all. Same opinions as above.

The 07 Old Stock Ale was fantastic. Cellar one or two if you can. They improve with age. If you EVER see the barrel aged version, grab it. Phenomenal.

The Abbey ale is good. I think the Chocolate Indulgence is a total miss though. It tastes metallic to me. I was sooooo looking forward to it (belgian stouts are a rare and wonderful thing when done right) and I was let down. But maybe you'll like it!

I have 2 2007 Stock Ales left, and I plan on hanging on to them. The liquor store that I work at, still has plenty in stock. Ill def pick up some more. The Abbey Ale was ok to me. Id rather have St. Bernardus 6, or Corsendonk. Not too bad, but not anything to write home about. I totally agree about the Chocolate Indulgence, I'm finishing the last of it now, and I was pretty let down. Im glad I put the other bottle back.

Yeah. Corsendonk is awesome. The other St Bernardus beers are good as well. I don't think they screw anything up.

My favorites from Ommegang are Ommegeddon, Three Philosophers, and Hennepin. All good for what they are.

I agree with the above on Chocolate Indulgence. Very metallic tasting.. i really hoping to be surprised by it since I like Three Philosophers and Hennepin.

+1 on Old Foghorn (just had one last night) and 3 Philosophers

I had the Chocolate indulgence on tap a few weeks ago and thought it was good. May have been because it was from a keg or because I had already had a few. Don't know

+1 on Old Foghorn (just had one last night) and 3 Philosophers

I had the Chocolate indulgence on tap a few weeks ago and thought it was good. May have been because it was from a keg or because I had already had a few. Don't know

I had a taste from a keg of it as well, and it wasn't AS bad to me, but I was still against it. A beer called Chocolate Indulgence should floor you.

I just picked up a 4pk of North Coast 2008 Old Stock Ale. This stuff is DELICIOUS! It's got a HUGE Fuggles hop presence, I love it love it love it.

The other 3 bottles are already tucked away in the cellar. I wish we would've had North Coast distribution earlier (they just got here) because I think I am going to have to start collecting every vintage of Old Stock that I can!

Latest posts

Back