Anheuser-Busch Super Bowl commerical bashing craft beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That ad was silly. What I got from it was that AB drinkers don't care what it tastes or looks like, they just want to drink a ton of it.

Yeah, to me it really bashed their product more than bashing craft beer. My favorite part was the "We brew beer for people who like to drink beer" or something like that.

It's hard to not imagine Montgomery Burns rubbing his hands together in glee at the belching, slobbering Joseph Sixpacks who will cheer in drunken approval at his new moving picture advertising circular.

And so the lesson goes - the walmart of beers stuck a foot in the mouth and bit the hand that was going to feed them in the next 20 years. Surprise surprise, who saw that coming? Me! Whenever you have an out of control beast doing whatever it wants things will go wrong, goes for governments, walmarts, mcdonalds, time warner, comcast, etc, etc. The best we can all do is not support them.... any of them. Put the money you spend back into the community you come from first. Don't shop at the walmart, don't buy from inbev, don't eat at mcdonalds. Just like mcdonalds inbev will forget what quality is and then when they have bought up every hop field, barley farm or malting plant and YOU can only buy low quality crap from china (and yes you can buy malt from china) and you are aching for a decent home brew but can no longer make them because of the crap ingredients available to you don't blame anyone but your self. You can see the same thing happen over and over. Walmart and the local grocer, mcdonalds and the local drive in, walgreens and the local pharmacy. If you really pay attention to what is going on around you and take note on the quality differences and price differences you would never shop at wamart etc. A perfect example - gas relief for my granddaughter $6-7 from wag and cvs $2 target and $4 from the local pharmacy. $5 almost 6 from walmart. Same active ingredient same little 1 Oz or so bottle.
Quality mcd's no words need to be said you know what it looks like and you know that there is no longer enough beef in between the buns to call it a hamburger and if you are old enough you will remember the advertising from the 70's bragging about 100% all American and all beef what and where do they get it now?
I could go on and on but I don't need to you all know the truth and if you agree or not, I am right and will always rant about the oversized companies taking money out of a local economy while the locals are no better for them being there. I will do some math on the subject and post again if I can remember.

I can tell you the exact moment it became so clear to me. It was 2002 or 3 we had just returned from a trip to the walmart for groceries and school supplies for the upcoming school year. We got things put away and discovered that we were missing at lleast a couple of bags of items. I made the phone call to the store and was told that it happens all the time and that after an hour the items had been returned to the shelves and basically too bad!
Now I was shocked to say the least. I grabbed my checkbook and went through the year adding the amount of money I had paid to these evil bastards I was even more shocked by the amount I had spent there on anything from tires for the car to toys for the kids I had wasted around $14,000 nearly 1/3 of our income in a place that clearly has no concerns for anything but profit. I of course call back and gave the manage a piece of my mind or 10 and no longer spend much if any money there. I still visit to stay on my game but rarely walk out with anything.

Sorry for the long winded rant but I will do it every time the subject comes up. It is better to explain than to just say walmart /inbev sucks.

I think that was my longest rant ever and when I got to the bottom and the button said "post quick reply" I had to chuckle. Seems with all the time on my hands I never know when to stfu. Problem is that took me over an hour to write because I don't remember where I am in writing and have to go back and look a number of times to see what I wrote already. So maybe I should just shorten it to inbev sucks don't buy!

Latest posts

Back