Amber Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevDroz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just love an Amber beer, good thing Brewers Best has an easy kit. I brewed this beer on Jan 16 and left it in my conical until Feb 7th (making sure to dump the trub). After kegging, I purged the O2 and left it sit in the keezer for 3 1/2 days at approximately 31°. I force carbonated it at 30 psi, set the keg horizontally with the Co2 connected and rocked the keg for 9 minites. Let me tell you this, perfect carbonation with a 3' hose 7/16" ID served at 8psi.
20210210_170749.jpg

I just love an Amber beer, good thing Brewers Best has an easy kit. I brewed this beer on Jan 16 and left it in my conical until Feb 7th (making sure to dump the trub). After kegging, I purged the O2 and left it sit in the keezer for 3 1/2 days at approximately 31°. I force carbonated it at 30 psi, set the keg horizontally with the Co2 connected and rocked the keg for 9 minites. Let me tell you this, perfect carbonation with a 3' hose 7/16" ID served at 8psi.View attachment 718098
I have this kit too, was thinking of adding peanut butter and cocoa nibs to it. 🤔

interesting...
Perhaps with the keezer at 31 there is less of an issue? OP, bracconiere is asking (and I am wondering), because it seems that with those line specs you would have a pint of foam. I have 10' of 3/16" ID line at 10psi for reference.
Beer looks good though! Cheers!

Perhaps with the keezer at 31 there is less of an issue? OP, bracconiere is asking (and I am wondering), because it seems that with those line specs you would have a pint of foam. I have 10' of 3/16" ID line at 10psi for reference.
Beer looks good though! Cheers!
I can't explain it but it works pretty decent. I have considered a smaller line though.

I just pop the tap quick to release the pressure then continue the pour.
OP, bracconiere is asking (and I am wondering)

maybe some sorta draft thumper? like pour two glasses into a second keg, then tap that?

or maybe you mis spelled the 3, and live on an upper floor of an appartment building? with keezer on the bottom floor?

this thing says you'd need 364' of line?

lollinelength.jpg

unless some how your tap is WAY above your keg, and you somehow can use 3' of line?
thinkingline.jpg

i'm a fan of star trek, but i don't see how you could transport it 18.2 feet above the keg before it hit the line? ;) :mug:

It's whatever I had laying around so I am betting it is nothing fancy. I plan on redoing things in a more proper calculated manner.

Back