Amazing lager/ bloatedness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshyG

Reaction score
So I did a Vienna style lager. This is the second one I've done but for some reason it's making me feel super bloated.
Primary and secondary was about 6 weeks perhaps at 55 I believe it was.

Tastes great! But I feel like exploding.
Any advise?

Josh

It's kegged, and after secondary fermentation there was hardly any sediment on the bottom. It's very clear and the Gravity reading read it was done too. I'm thinking it still might need to later longer? (Or maybe I just have IBS now) .....

This is ringing bells with me. My last few brews I have bottled a bit early, whilst fermentation is fully done, I have got more sediment (yeast) in my bottles. Even with careful pouring I am drinking excess yeast.
Wow am I getting grief, lifting the duvet all night, and ripping all day, at times on the loo it's like an explosion. I must get back to leaving three weeks clearing in the FV prior to bottling.

Yeah the wife says, (and i quote) "Do you smell gas? I think we have a leak"

The beers been sitting for another week now i think its time for another go.

I had it last night and it was better not so bloated. Maybe its the yeast strain i guess.

Maybe your gut just has to get into the swing of things with that new yeast.

This is ringing bells with me. My last few brews I have bottled a bit early, whilst fermentation is fully done, I have got more sediment (yeast) in my bottles. Even with careful pouring I am drinking excess yeast.
Wow am I getting grief, lifting the duvet all night, and ripping all day, at times on the loo it's like an explosion. I must get back to leaving three weeks clearing in the FV prior to bottling.

Your user name is altogether apropos for this thread.

Back