Am I the only 1 to find bacon beer unappealing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how1

Reaction score
Bacon flavored beer? Really? I love bacon and I love beer....but not together!! I seen the bacon beer kits in some of my catalogs lately. I just can't wrap my mind around it. Am I missing something? Is it actually good? Can you drink 5 gallons of it? I guess I'll cook some bacon and throw a slice in my next pint of beer....but, I would hate to waste a perfectly good pint of beer!:eek:

Ugh. Bacon flavored beer? No thanks. And chili pepper flavored beer. Tried that once. Bad idea. However, I just had a pint of Kona Brewing Co's coconut flavored brown ale (at the brewery) and that was good. Not that I could get through 5 gallons of it...

Hey, I love Ceasar Salads, but I'm not going to cram a head of lettuce in my fermentor.

For me Bacon beer was a lot like a Zima. First sip was like "damn that's pretty good". Second sip was " hmmm something just seems wrong." Third sip was the last sip I ever drank thinking "dear god this tastes like $h!t!!!!!!" Rogue's Maple Bacon was pretty much the same outcome. I love bacon, and I love maple bars so one would think that I would love a maple doughnut bacon beer right? No thanks. That being said, a nice breakfast stout with great coffee notes in conjunction with a bacon maple doughnut and I am in heaven.... Go figure right?

Maple doughnut bacon beer....I'm laughing so hard my sides are hurting!!!!

I love bacon and I love beer
Never in the same glass do they become dear

Hey Dan, is there still that little chevron on the north end of town in hanford owned by a little asian guy with a tiny little breakfast burrito shop in it. That lady rolled the tightest little burritos ever. Salsa was damn good too! Use to work for American Ambulance out there years ago. That place and the trips up to Fresno on transfer and the late night taco truck with pastor make me miss that little hole of a town. That and the nurse I was dating wasn't half bad either (except for the crazy part). Just seeing Hanford and bacon made me think of those crazy little bacon egg and potato wonders. That lady rolled them so small I swear they were massive and turned into these tiny little cigars. So filling.

Rough and Ready? Isn't that close to Beale AFB? I was there back in the late 60's! Of course I barely remember!!!!.

Hey Dan, is there still that little chevron on the north end of town in hanford owned by a little asian guy with a tiny little breakfast burrito shop in it. That lady rolled the tightest little burritos ever. Salsa was damn good too! Use to work for American Ambulance out there years ago. That place and the trips up to Fresno on transfer and the late night taco truck with pastor make me miss that little hole of a town. That and the nurse I was dating wasn't half bad either (except for the crazy part). Just seeing Hanford and bacon made me think of those crazy little bacon egg and potato wonders. That lady rolled them so small I swear they were massive and turned into these tiny little cigars. So filling.

:D

Maybe if we're talking about the same place.

But I'm thinking of a Mobil gas station on Grangeville and 10th in Hanford, north east end. The owner, Tom, I do believe he is of Korean origin, very friendly fellow and he knows everybodys name, has a very loyal customer base.

If we're talking about the same place, I went there for years every early morning. Tom knew my name and what I wanted after a couple times going there. His wife Amy knew me too. I was assigned overseas for 3 years and came back. When I got back and walked in there for the first time in over three years, Amy said, you want, egg bacon and potato burrito?

I was back home

Not sure this is the place you are talking about. :eek:

Maple doughnut bacon beer....I'm laughing so hard my sides are hurting!!!!

Rouge makes it.

It is for the lack of a better term...different. VERY different. Its sooo smokey. Its like you basically are cooking on a charcoal grill making maple pancakes and you open the hood to check on them and you just HUFF all the smoke from the grill.

Yep....thats basically how it tastes.

I bought all 4 of these for Christmas tasting this year with my brother....the other Rouges...have been great.

416905_10100320167618433_1846118791_n.jpg

I think a lot of you have a misconception after trying that chemical poop water that rouge put out. That beer is terrible all the way around and offends every sense I have in my body.

If you want a good example and an amazing beer, make an effort to try Funky Buddha's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter sometime in your life. It won't be easy to get a hold of, but totally worth the effort.

That's the place. It has been about 11 years now for me but I miss that egg potato and bacon burrito so much.

:D

Maybe if we're talking about the same place.

But I'm thinking of a Mobil gas station on Grangeville and 10th in Hanford, north east end. The owner, Tom, I do believe he is of Korean origin, very friendly fellow and he knows everybodys name, has a very loyal customer base.

If we're talking about the same place, I went there for years every early morning. Tom knew my name and what I wanted after a couple times going there. His wife Amy knew me too. I was assigned overseas for 3 years and came back. When I got back and walked in there for the first time in over three years, Amy said, you want, egg bacon and potato burrito?

I was back home

Not sure this is the place you are talking about. :eek:

Back