Alternate to the Love controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rekoob

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, searching for two controllers for gas valves on my stand. I see the Love EW-93520-00 is $77 each and not real thrilled to spend that amount.

After much searching on here I only come up with a couple that are either the same price or not listed at the links given. I just received my 3/8" solenoid valves and hope to finish my inserts and welding within the week, then I can start on the gas pipe and a control panel.

What are some alternatives I can use for controllers?

I'm not familiar with that model. What voltage are your valves? I know a lot of people use the Love TS2 which is ~$58 IIRC. There's also the e-bay controller which works well and is much cheaper. You'd need a transformer for the e-bay controller if the valves aren't 110V though.

Edit: Links

Love TS2

E-bay dual stage 10A celcius

E-bay single stage 5A fahrenheit

I purchased my controllers from www.lightobject.com the JLD612. Depending on valve you may need SSR (Solid State Relay). They work well on my Brutus 10 clone (and about half the love price).

IMAG0066.jpg

Back