Altering flavor after fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs401

Reaction score
Is there any ways to alter flavors after fermentation has completed? I made a yellow rose clone and fermented at 67 with us-05 and it turned out sort of a sweetness/sort of buttery taste. I did two packets of yeast. It’s not horrible but not something I want to drink 5g worth. Anyway to add anything to help
Just alter it a tad like citrus juice or something or is after fermentation really nothing can be done?

Buttery? Like movie popcorn fake butter? If so, then it's diacetyl and your fermentation isn't finished. Warm it up, give the fermenter a swirl to get yeast back in suspension and give it another week.
If it's not diacetyl, just too sweet, you can always dryhop with a couple oz. of your favorite hop to counteract the sweetness.
If you want to add something like a citrus juice, then you'll have to do something to stop the yeast from fermenting the sugars. And that is a whole 'nother topic.

Back