All you need is "twine"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
It always gets asked(and alot) what should I use to have my hops climb. Thought I'd post a pic of what I have been using for 4 years. I have had only 1 break and that was due to my stupidity(never string new twine from top of 12' trellis then up into branches of a small walnut tree. Storm/swaying tree=snap)
. 100_2044.jpg

100_2047.jpg

Plus it is cheap $1.65 for the 300' roll.

I've used that, I think even the same brand.
Be careful where you attache the string at the bottom. The only problem I've had with jute is that is rots, so if it's staked in such a way which it's covered in soil things won't work out so well. I've used it with a nylon "leader" at the stake, that worked out fine.

I could see that being a problem. Most of my hops have a 4' wooden fence to climb before they hit the twine. So I have never had that problem since one is tied to my trellis cable and the other to the top of the wooden fence.

local hardware store, Value Homecenter. I have seen it at Lowes though. Value was a 2min drive vs. a 25 min drive to the nearest Lowes.

Latest posts

Back