Alka-Seltzer beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fishkeeper

Reaction score
I have a quick question to ask. On my last batch half of my bottles tasted like they had Alka-Seltzer in them. They never really carbonated very good. I used the NB Fizz drops that they sale for my priming sugar. Plus they really didn't have any flavor to them just like drinking Alka-Seltzer from a glass just dark in color. I know the whole batch didn't get infected or all of them would taste that way it was only 10-14 out of 28 bottles. And they were new bottles first time using them. Any ideas so it don't happen again.

Without knowing your process or procedures, there's no way to answer that. If the entire batch didn't taste like alka seltzer, then i'd say there's something wrong with infection.

How about your recipe and procedures for fermentation, racking to bottling bucket, sanitatizing bottling bucket and tubing, sanitizing bottles, and priming?

Latest posts

Back