Alaska - Now Part of the US. Really!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacrifice

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I was placing all of my items in an on-line vendor for my next few brews. Since I had not ordered from this un-named company before, I decided to give them a call to make sure they would deliver my packages to my freight forwarder in Washington who would send the packages to me in Alaska. They assured me that they would.

However.....

They proceeded to inform me that in the past they have had problems sending things through Canadian Customs, and that foreign orders sometimes meet with problems due to lack of information on the invoices. OK. :confused: I informed the individual that I had dealt with this company before, so shipping to my home in ALASKA was not a problem.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform all individuals, that were not homeschooled because they probably know this, that Alaska is, and has been, part of the United States of America (i.e., not Canada) for over 50 years.

Well....as a public school graduate (that gave a chit and wanted and tried to learn....which is the key), I knew that Alaska is in the US. Americans as a whole are amazingly and spectacularly stupid when it comes to geography.

Sacrifice, could it be that the person you were talking to was trying to be helpful, and assumed your package would be going through Canadian customs on its way to Alaska? I don't know, but that is a more charitable way to look at it.

I thought i read somewhere we pawned it to China to cover interest on the National debt?

Sacrifice, could it be that the person you were talking to was trying to be helpful, and assumed your package would be going through Canadian customs on its way to Alaska? I don't know, but that is a more charitable way to look at it.

Buggar! That occurred to me too, but I just gave the smart ass answer on account of that I already assumed everyone knew what I was thinking.:drunk:

Well....as a public school graduate (that gave a chit and wanted and tried to learn....which is the key), I knew that Alaska is in the US. Americans as a whole are amazingly and spectacularly stupid when it comes to geography.

I HATED Geography class. All those shapes, pythagero-theorums, and bi-laterals........

;)

assumed your package would be going through Canadian customs on its way to Alaska?

Unless things have changed in Juneau i think there is two ways in and out of Juneau by sea or by plane.

By the way, as much as I like to point out the stupidity of walmart women at every opportunity, to say that many Americans don't know that Alaska is a US state is just silly.

Only Alabama Americans don't know that Alaska is a US state.

i Blame The Iraqs and such as...

Last edited by a moderator:

I initially thought that, but as the conversation went on.......:drunk:

Then again, maybe I am just a meanie :rockin:

I have often heard tell of a magical land to the northwest of Canada called Alaska. Until today, I had dismissed such rumors as the mutterings of a dying madman...

I guess uncle Ike was a little more with it then we realized at the time. It is at times like this that I regret pulling the plug on the life support. Once again, I'll spend a guilt ridden evening wondering if we made the right decision.

There are dry villages where the native counsels have banned alcohol. Pretty much any town with more than a few hundred people in it is wet.

Well....as a public school graduate (that gave a chit and wanted and tried to learn....which is the key), I knew that Alaska is in the US. Americans as a whole are amazingly and spectacularly stupid.

fixed that for you.

Back