air vent for tool box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edecambra

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have overheating issues in my pump-in-a-toolbox setup. When its closed pump eventually cuts out, when I open the lid to the box I have no issues and while the pump gets hot, I can touch it without getting burned. It is the newer polyslufone chugger type pump, in the SS harbor freight box. My understanding is the working temps of this pump are in the 250 degree range.

Obviously opening the box kinda defeats the purpose of putting it in the box in the first place, but I'd like to leave it in there. I'm looking on amazon for soffit vents and the like but nothing seems satisfying.

What are all you fellow tool box users using to keep the heat down?

Cheers,

I like the metal computer fan "finger guards" - wouldn't look out of place on a stainless steel tool box either ! Like this:

fan-finger-guard-filters.jpg

Also, if heat continues to be a problem, the hole pattern and diameter will match those that computer fans come in already and you could wire a 120V fan (~$15) across the pump terminals so it would come on with it.

I have no experience with using these pumps though, only in adding fans to hot things in general!

Hmmm this is a good idea I may have to find some of these guards.

Thanks!

Back