Air lock movement in fruit beer. (Secondary)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mufflerbearing

Reaction score
I racked on top of 5lbs of mango a week ago and still have movement in the air lock. Should I ignore this or wait till the movement has stopped? I assume this has started the Fermentation process again.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew and I don't care for the new format so much.

wait for what? if your beer is at final gravity and you have had it on the mango for as long as needed, you can go to your next step. there is enough sugar in the mango to feed the yeast so they will make CO2.

I will taste and check fg. Tonight and again wed.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew and I don't care for the new format so much.

Just a note. I brewed a dunkel 2 weeks ago and let it sit in primary for 2 weeks. Came out pretty close to FG and racked onto 5lbs of bananas last night. Within a hour or so, I had a little movement in the blowoff. Nothing crazy yet, but more signs this morning. This is my first time using fruit(only my 2nd batch) so we'll see how it goes. Plan to leave it on the bananas for 1-2weeks before I bottle.

Back