Aiicioo elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esmitee

Reaction score
I just bought 2 of these, SS 5500 ipple ULWD heating elements mfg by Aiicioo.
Yes they are Chinese, most are made there or Mexico. Any Pros, or Cons from anyone that have bought and used them?
Hopefully, they get some good reviews. I got them for $27.99. I'm on a very tight budget for converting to electric, so these fit the bill.

Im pretty sure thay are the same elements also sold as Dernold brand elements and from what Ive seen here they actually have a better track record than the other chinese ones with the black plastic insulators like ebrew sells which there are 2 separate failure threads about this month alone. Im sure the color of the plastic insulator is a poor way to tell who makes them as I know there are at least 2 companies on alibaba alone who make them with black insulators and I purchased my TC based elements directly from one of them and have had no problems as of yet. (Fyi I just posted a thread about the growing number of manufacturer's that are mounting the elements in a drilleed out 1.5" TC coverplate as a base which can be nice depending on your kettle setup. I like having this in my BK for cleanup. as far as my HLT I still have it permanently mounted since it never needs to come out and be scrubbed clean.

Latest posts

Back