AHS Smokin' Hot Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khkman22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody made the all grain version of this beer? If so, could you share the recipe? I would like to try it, but don't really want 5 gallons of it. I'd like to scale it down to 2-3 gallons.

I was still brewing partial mash when I did this one, but I'll post that for you as a starting point:

--------------------------------------------
Grains:
1/2lb Crystal 10L
2.75lb 2-Row (Mesquite) Malt
1/2lb Carapils Malt

Extracts:
1lb Corn Sugar
4lb Extra Light DME

Hops:
1oz Palisade @ 60min
3/4oz Crystal @ 15min
1/4 oz Crystal @ 5min

OG: 1.057
FG: 1.012

Dry Peepper: 3 Chipotles [Yeeeeehaw!] for 2 days.

Yeast Options:
WLP001
Wyeast 1056
US-05

-----------------------------------------

I'm guessing you can replace the DME with an appropriate quantity of 2-row. Not sure about the corn sugar. Replace with flaked corn, or just leave it in?

Thanks for posting. AHS wouldn't provide the recipe to me. I had a feeling they wouldn't because they declined to provide another one to me once before. I plugged your information into BeerSmith and it came up with an OG of 1.060 or a little higher and final ABV of 6.6% (I modified additionally to bring it down), so I'm not sure how accurate my converted recipe will be, but it should be in the same ballpark flavor wise. Since I haven't had the actual beer, I wouldn't know the difference anyway.

According to my notes this one came out within a point of the target OG (1.058) and attenuated down to 1.010 for a 6.6% kick in the teeth. It depends on your process, obviously, but I think you're on the money. It's highlighted bright green in my spreadesheet-o-homebrew, which I vividly recall means it was a great batch. Now you've got me thinking I should do it again as AG.

I only post this under the assumption that anyone who wants it will either buy the convenient and reasonably-priced kit from AHS with my whole-hearted endorsement, or use their handy custom grain bill ordering feature to scale to the desired batch size ;) . 'Nuff said on that topic.

Can I get some more detailed feedback/experiences. I've got a current abv of 6.021 after 7 days of PF measuring during yesterday's transfer to SF. I SPOKER WITH THE RECIPES... Sorry for caps lock whoops my bad. Anyway I was told to place the 3 chipotle peppers the last 2 days before bottling. So just Curious.

Back