AG to Extract question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naristov

Reaction score
I can only do extract brewing. I have this recipe from Brooklyn Brew Shop "Peach Cobbler Ale". 5 Gallon

4 pounds English Pale Ale
3 pounds of Biscuit
1 pound Caramel 15
1 pound Caramel 20
.75 Flaked Oats
10 peaches

Do I get 3lb of English Pale Ale LME? What do I use for Biscuit? and do I seep the rest? Also can you seep Flaked Oats? This seems wrong to me.

I can only do extract brewing. I have this recipe from Brooklyn Brew Shop "Peach Cobbler Ale". 5 Gallon

4 pounds English Pale Ale
3 pounds of Biscuit
1 pound Caramel 15
1 pound Caramel 20
.75 Flaked Oats
10 peaches

Do I get 3lb of English Pale Ale LME? What do I use for Biscuit? and do I seep the rest? Also can you seep Flaked Oats? This seems wrong to me.

I think you mean "steep", right? I don't see how you could steep the Biscuit, so I suggest doing a partial mash. Get 3 lbs of DME light or Muttons Light Dry Malt for the base.

Then partial mash all the other grains. If you are unable to partial mash, then I wouldn't recommend this recipe. Biscuit needs mashing.

You just are not going to pull out the sugars from the biscuit. The other malts and oats can be steeped fine.

And, peaches... not for me, thanks. Personally I hate putting fruit in my beers, but to each his own.

Perhaps there is another extract recipe that could come close to this? Not sure. They are using a lot of Crystal/Biscuit malt in this recipe.

http://www.howtobrew.com/section2/chapter12-1.html

Back