Aerate after pitching yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do it immediately after, it will be fine. If fermentation has already started, you don't want to do it anymore because it will oxidize your beer and eventually lead to off flavors.

I'm in China and I've had to jimmy-rig my own system. I've got a fish tank aerator that I run a short hose into a jar with rubbing alcohol and then a hose running out into the fementor.

I've aerated a couple different ways. Recently I just poured from primary to primary, several times. (5 gallons) After 3 or 4 transfers htere was a very nice frothy head on the wort. The last pour I put the yest starter in first.

I also have a very large whisk, probably over 20" long. I will just get it all worked up with the whisk. that is what they were made for, incorprating air into things. Yeah it is a bit of a workout, but I bet we could all use a little bit of a workout anyway. lol

Latest posts

Back