Advice wanted on Concord SS Pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickles

Reaction score
I have the one with the flat lid in 15 gallons. I got the pre-drilled one as well. The bottom hole is 4" up from the bottom, that is very high now that I have it. I just ended up buying a dip tube. I am super happy with mine and I'd buy another if in need of a larger kettle. I will likely get the 10 gal one to replace my 5 gallon HLT.

That said, I don't know the difference except the diameter. the diameter of the one with the domed lid is 20", the other is 19.5 but both are 20" high? Seems like some interesting sorcery there. I'd probably ask how one can have two pots, 20" high each and measured from the same points then slim one down by 1/2" and still have 100 quarts. Unless I misread. Both are 1mm thick.

There is some talk that the 80 and 100 quarts aren't true to size. Meaning it's like 79 and 99 quarts. I wouldn't even worry about that though. You're not going to use the entire space, at least I'd assume you wouldn't.

Personally, at 18" wide (my 15 gallon) I feel it is sturdy enough, the handles don't bend the walls of the pot when I lift it with 7 gallons of wort, and it doesn't seem to be giving me any issues 3 batches in. I like the flat lid probably for ease of storage.

Thanks for the reply. I was curious about the sturdiness of the sidewall. I won't be moving it once full of wort anyway.

Latest posts

Back