Advantages of tower vs door faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grampska

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a kegerator that can hold only 2 cornies because of the compressor hanging off the top in the back. It has a single tap tower and I just have a picnic tap for the other keg. I want to mount a second tap and was toying with either building a new PVC tower like I've seen around here or removing the tower and putting two taps on the door. Other than price and added counter top space, are there any advantages to having the taps on the door instead of the tower or vice versa.

Only thing I can think of is the tower cooling issue will be moot.

I'd think putting them in the door would make cleaning your beer lines easier to get to, since the hose isn't passing through the fridge. I'd like to mount mine on the door but I have a glass door.

Any one know a safe way to drill it??

Is it a true kegerator? If so, door taps would be to low, imo.

my fridge:
resize

I removed all racks, and mine has tinted glass door....Keeps beer at 37* in the keg.

could be fixed by building some sort of stand to sit the fridge on.\

Yes it is a true kegerator. Is the issue of the taps being too low an issue or a just a preference? Since this can only hold two cornies at a time, I'm going to have to upgrade in the not too distant future anyway. So if it's just an annoyance I can deal with that for now.

I was thinking if I go with the door taps that I could build my fermentation chamber, ala Son of Fermentation Chiller, and place it on top.

I just drilled another hole 45 degrees off from the existing tap, and installed another tower shank. Then re-mounted the tower 45 degrees from where it was so both are over the drip tray. (I should take pics)

2 taps mounted in the existing tower :D
Worked fine, and it was a Haier kegertor with the thin tower...

If you are upgrading soon get the fountain that you are going to install on the upgrade and use it on the old one till then.

Latest posts

Back