Adding yeast to closed sanke fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conneryis007

Reaction score
Having an issue physically adding yeast to my pressurized fermentation style sanke keg fermenter. I dont open the sanke kegs in between most batches. I cool my wort and then pump it into the sanke keg through a check valve removed coupler. Trying to figure out the best way to add the yeast into the fermenter. Short of putting a funnel on the top of a sanke coupler with the check valve removed, I am at a loss. The pressurized fermentation thread is simply way to long to find a specific answer in!!! Any ideas?

Do you still have the spear in it?
We're removing the spear, and either using a TC fittings or a orange carboy bung.
Maybe pitch the yeast before pumping into the Sanke?

Generally you open it up, rack into it pitch yeast then seal.

Check the link in my sig for a simple solution to keg fermenting.

Any ideas on how to do this without opening the keg. I leave the spear in place and just ferment using a check valve removed coupler with a spundig valve (pressure relief) attached to the CO2 port and the liquid out port capped off.

I pump my wort into my fermentors almost every time. I almost always put the yeast into the vessel then place in my ferm chamber them pump the wort in on top of it.

I use hdpe barrels and speidel plastic fermentors but that shouldn't matter...

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

BSD

Back