Adding prime sugar and bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyBob

Reaction score
Just bottled a double IPA partial. Cold crashes for 2 days prior. When I transferred to bottling bucket I forgot to rack on top of priming sugar. So I boiled water,added sugar and added on top of beer and stirred the **** out of it. After every few bottles I filled I would stir it again. Have I really @&$!@! Something up. I usually rack on top or half and half. Please any thoughts. Thanks in advance

What is your concern exactly?

Putting the priming solution on the bottom is just a really good way of mixing it while adding as little oxygen as possible. It is a double IPA so I doubt you are worried about aging this for years to come, and you mixed the piss out of it. I think you are good.

Worried mixing warm priming solution with cold beer. Not too mention poured on top of beer. But yes. I did mix the piss out if it. Which also could have put a lot of o2 in beer. But it's in bottle now so I'm no sure. Probably just being worried. Never did it that way before. Comfort zone thing

Ah, the heat, didn't catch that. The heat transfer to the surrounding wort would have been excellent so I doubt you murdered a significant number of yeast cells.

Insert acronym for getting loaded off of Homebrew here.

Back