Adding Brett into a keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eluterio

Reaction score
I've got a Pilsner I Brewer a few months back and kegged. I wanted to add Brett to it but can't find anyone who's got experience in adding Brett into an already carbonated Pilsner. I was thinking of adding Brett into the keg and putting the keg into inside the house for a few months. Any thoughts???

No. I'd say it's an uncommon technique. Regardless, Brett is good at cleaning up after sacc. You'll get something out of it but most likely not as much as if had been pitched earlier.

No. I'd say it's an uncommon technique. Regardless, Brett is good at cleaning up after sacc. You'll get something out of it but most likely not as much as if had been pitched earlier.

Appreciate any info on this. Just upset I lost co2 pressure after I added a new quick disconnect. I had 3 kegs on and 2 days later I noticed my take was empty. It was 3/4 full. It ruined three beers of mine but hey this will allow me to try and use some brett in a beer!

not these they are a solid stainless steel disconnects. I think I need a better clamping system and better co2 lines. I have a buddy who uses them and is happy but he went through the same issues of losing co2. He told me how to fix the problem but it was a bit too late for 3 of my beers!

Back