adding a faucet to a tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

te-wa

Reaction score
hey all, i have a 2 faucet tap tower and was thinking of adding another faucet, just below and center of the other two. who has done this? i have the means to drill the tower, just wanted to get some feedback/pics. thanks!

*2 kegs is never enough* so im gonna add a third! :ban:

I have a three tap, and I don't think the angle between the two outer taps is any different than a two tap.
I say drill away, as long as you've got the tools. My only concern would be chrome flaking.

Make sure you have enough height under the prospective mounting location for the third faucet, it could be tight.

There are "add a faucet" widgets that replace the top cap on towers with a sleeve providing a faucet port. It puts the third tap at the top, obviously, so clearance wouldn't be a problem...

Cheers!

before you drill, 2 things to consider- most tower taps have a 90 degree bent tube for the beer in line, make sure you avoid drilling in an area where your shank will come in contact with the lines from the above taps. also, assuming it is a standard tap tower, you can easily buy a tower add-a-tap/ tower extension if you wish, no drilling needed, just pop off the cap and pop it on.

this is why i love it here.. i never thought a "add a tap" existed. thanks for the heads up! i may go that route.
mike

decided on a bigger keezer, 3 kegs, and a box build addtion to raise the height and pull the 3 taps from the front of stained walnut. or other, hard wood.

Back