Added white grape juice. What's my new OG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmex41

Reaction score
For some reason I'm having a difficult time determining what my new OG would be for this brew I did.
5 gallons of beer at 1.090
I added 1/2 gallon of white grape juice, and ill add another soon. Gravity of the juice was 1.070.
What would the OG be for 6 gallons total? And in the future how would I plug the juice in to my recipe building app, since it goes by lbs of sugar instead of gallons of course.

For some reason I'm having a difficult time determining what my new OG would be for this brew I did.
5 gallons of beer at 1.090
I added 1/2 gallon of white grape juice, and ill add another soon. Gravity of the juice was 1.070.
What would the OG be for 6 gallons total? And in the future how would I plug the juice in to my recipe building app, since it goes by lbs of sugar instead of gallons of course.

It breaks down to about 12.2 oz of sugar per 1/2 gallon of juice added so if you added double that to to 5 gallons of 1.09 beer you would wind up with about 1.102 for a FG.

It breaks down to about 12.2 oz of sugar per 1/2 gallon of juice added so if you added double that to to 5 gallons of 1.09 beer you would wind up with about 1.102 for a FG.

Thank you. So if in the future I want to plan for the addition of the same juice, I can just add 12.2 oz cane sugar to imitate the juice to my recipe, right?

Thank you. So if in the future I want to plan for the addition of the same juice, I can just add 12.2 oz cane sugar to imitate the juice to my recipe, right?

Thats just how it breaks down for sugar concentration. So if you are using beersmith or something similar you can just punch in that amount of sugar to calculate og.

Latest posts

Back