Add yeast prior to bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerHappy

Reaction score
Brewed my belgo stout back in early September, used wyeast abbey, just getting around to bottling. Since it has sat for 3 months in fermenter should I add a little yeast before bottling or just go with what I got?

Brewed my belgo stout back in early September, used wyeast abbey, just getting around to bottling. Since it has sat for 3 months in fermenter should I add a little yeast before bottling or just go with what I got?
You're good to go. I've gone 3 months at 36f with no problems.

In the past I've re-pitched if it was a really big beer that was aged for a really long time. So I'd say 1.075+ for more than 5 months? I had one bigger beer not carb after an extended bulk aging in secondary and after that I always added a little to be safe. That said, if you pitched the proper amount to begin with and femented/stored it at a good temp then for only three months I think you'll be good.

Back