Accidentally pitched at 435 degrees farenheit!!!!screwed??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
It was really just flash steam at that temp and fried most of my face off, but is my beer ruined???????

I am afraid that my fried face flesh will develop off flavors.

Most of it flew out the window, I am really just concerned about the flavor of my face at this point.

I believe the "steaming wort facial" is a new offering at the trendiest spas . . .

That is where I got the idea. I just screwed it up horribly and in the suprise explosion of wort steam, I accidentally hydrated my yeast and threw it into the erupting brew pot.

Dammit! I am getting a lot more marriage proposals on facebook, though, so I think the yeast cake nose is rather fetching.

Stick your face in an ice bath for about 20 min while holding your breath. You will feel much better... also you might set a record

435° Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin or Rankine?

Units matter.

It is a little hard to find, but I managed to dig this up IN THE MOTHER EFFING TITLE.

Accidentally pitched at 435 degrees farenheit!!!!screwed??

Granted, I mis-spelled it BADLY. It should read: "RANKINE".....or possibly KELVIN....(whichever burns my face less)

It is a little hard to find, but I managed to dig this up IN THE MOTHER EFFING TITLE.

Oh jeez, now I have to READ? My lips are going to get tired. Next you'll want me to actually COMPREHEND.

Granted, I mis-spelled it BADLY. It should read: "RANKINE".....or possibly KELVIN....(whichever burns my face less)

If it was Rankine, you suffered frost burns and you made a 5 gallon wort-sicle. If Kelvin, your kettle turned into a home autoclave (a rather sticky, smokey one), but your sanitation should be excellent. Nope, no risk of infection in that brew.

It can take up to 365 days for visible signs of fermentation. Report back after that time you NOOB!

I did that once...

image-1961127288.jpg

Don't worry about the 4.9 gallons of extra headspace. The products of combustion will purge the headspace (and your house) of oxygen, so you are fine (well, YOU aren't, but your beer is) for extended aging (so long as you don't ferment in HDPE, of course!).

Phew! I am a little delirious from blood loss and face loss, but the one ounce left in the fermenter smells Divine!

I am afraid that the litre of bourbon would be overpowerd in this one ounce of so pure adrenachrome that I am left with, and would be unnoticeable.

Latest posts

Back