Accidental Irish Red Eisbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachmaelBenApplebaum

Reaction score
So I kegged for my first time recently, and I was super stoaked. I set it at 10psi and waited a week to try it at all. But after a week in the fridge at that pressure, my delicious irish red was still not terribly carbonated, I though it was weird, but pushed the psi up to 20 for a few days and came back to it. It was still somewhat undercarbed but tasted fantastic so I was drinking it anyhow, it eventually had a creamy little head and was very concentrated. Some people that drank it started noticing that 2-3 beers was getting them a little more inebriated than it should be, I didn't notice too much but was feelin pretty good after drinking a few myself. The keg also kicked much faster than I had anticipated as I was filling a growler for my neighbor, and when I went to put more beer into it I discovered this:

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

That's awesome! And I thought my keezer was cold, it's only 30 at the bottom, not quite enough to get accidenal eisbrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back