AB-Inbev's Next Acquisition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it odd that Coke would terminate bottling deals with SAB post Inbev acquisition while in the meantime they are also negotiating a buyout.

Curious why the termination? Posturing? Or could it be that the actual bottling was taking place on MillerCoors equipment?

we drink Mexican Coca-Cola. tastes much better with sugar than with HFCS

not so noticeable when you first start drinking it, but after a while, when you try a regular Coke, you can really taste how nasty the US-made variety is.

kinda like when you drink only a well-made craft pilsner (Lost Rhino, Rhino Chasers!) for a while and then try and drink a BMC

I quit drinking soda a few years ago as well too. If I'm going to drink calories I'd rather it be from beer.

Same here. Now on the rare occasion that I have a soda, maybe once a year, I find it so sugary that I can't even finish it.

Same here. Now on the rare occasion that I have a soda, maybe once a year, I find it so sugary that I can't even finish it.

1) I rarely ever drink soda, but if I do it's Diet Coke.
2) It will be interesting to see the SEC approach if InBev moves forward,

ABInBev wants the Coke brand to market some new products:
SpriteARita, TABchalob, FantasmBudLightFrenchSaison,
Mello Yello Fizzy Lager, DasaniBock and CokeZeroUltra ( for those with zero taste buds)

I quit drinking soda a few years ago as well too. If I'm going to drink calories I'd rather it be from beer.

Here's another that quit drinking soda. I haven't had a soda since Halloween day of 2011. Not that I'm a health-nut, I do drink plenty of beer after all.

1) I rarely ever drink soda, but if I do it's Diet Coke.
2) It will be interesting to see the SEC approach if InBev moves forward,

Why would the SEC care? Granted it is still a beverage, but it isn't beer.

ABInBev wants the Coke brand to market some new products:
SpriteARita, TABchalob, FantasmBudLightFrenchSaison,
Mello Yello Fizzy Lager, DasaniBock and CokeZeroUltra ( for those with zero taste buds)

Fail. IIUC, AbInbev wants Coke for $5mil bonuses to their top tier. And because SAB "was" already bottling a crapton of product for coke.

Why would the SEC care? Granted it is still a beverage, but it isn't beer.

The SEC must get involved by law. They are both publicly traded companies and it goes to potential monopolistic practices in the beverage industry. The SEC cannot remain silent on the issue, again, by law. They must either give their blessing to the union or halt the union from ever happening. There's no "in-between" on this. The SEC has the final governmental say.

lol...

my neck is so red, my first thought was, "what the hell the Gators and Bulldogs and Vols and Crimson Tide have to do with it?"

Latest posts

Back