A419 and Power Strip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HansBlix

Reaction score
I am planning to ferment in corny kegs. With the upcoming cold I would like to use a few brew belts or something similar to control the temp. I also dont have 4+ A419's laying around. My question is this. Say I have 4 cornys fermenting. Can I put the brew belts on all 4 but only put a temp controller probe in one thermowell and then run all the brew belts off of a powerstrip into a A419 to achieve the same temp in all 4? In essence a round about daisy chain? Has anyone done this?

I don't see why this wouldn't work ... what's the total wattage/amperage for all the belts? I'd put a fan in there, too.

Over the summer I did this, with one A419 driving two heating wraps, with the probe in one of the carboys. Unfortunately, the heating wrap on the carboy with the probe was disconnected, so the temp in that carboy wasn't rising, leading to the controller being "on" continuously. The other heating wrap was just fine, however, and was up at 90°F by the time I discovered this 12 hours later.

As it happened, the carboy that was up at 90°F (witbier) was the tastier of the two. :)

Back