A question of nutrient....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksmith1

Captain Cheap
Reaction score
And a blend of nute and energizer.
When I started this hobby at the end of last year, I had a bottle of juice, a plastic gallon jug and a packet of yeast. That worked (sorta) well enough to go ahead and invest in better equipment.
To the left you will see the description of captain cheap. I tend to live up to that and most of my gear is second hand. (I know, get to the point)
With it came a container of yeast nute. It worked pretty good so I kept using it. It ran out finally. Went to my LHBS to replace it and the closest thing they had was a nute/energizer blend. My latest batch has some of each in it and is going nuts. Most vigorous fermentation I have had to date.
So I guess the question is WTF is in this stuff, my primaries were roughly a week before, how much shorter are they going to be now? Ok I guess that's two questions.....

upload_2019-5-13_10-56-44.jpeg

I looked it up. Quote from thier site.
"A complete yeast nutrient and energizer in one! Our proprietary blend is more than just diammonium phosphate—it includes ammonium ion and phosphate ion, plus yeast hulls (for lipids), sulfate ion, B-complex vitamins, and growth factors (biotin and pantothenic acid), as well as trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, manganese, and zinc. It contains all of the elements necessary to achieve optimal yeast reproduction and metabolism. Super Ferment will:

• promote rapid starts
  • prevent slow or stuck fermentations
  • help fermentations to proceed to dryness"

Back