A question about carbination...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james138

Reaction score
So I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth but, I've made two batches of beer and both have been fully carbonated after about a week and a half after being bottled. Is that weird or should I just thank the beer gods? I thought it took about three weeks for carbonation? I should note that the beer has been sitting in my basement at a temperature of around 68°. The beer that I'm drinking now was bottled on April 3rd. I know the beer still needs to age but for my second batch ever it tasted damn good!

image-2611931723.jpg

Most of my beers carb in 1 to 2 weeks. However, they get to be their best in 3-4 weeks for a normal strength beer. For a stronger beer, it takes longer. I have had a beer carb in 2 days before. Time makes it taste better though. Congrats though. :)

It won't take long for the yeast to make CO2, but it usually takes a couple weeks for the gas to oak into the beer to make the nice, thick, foamy head but still pour Without being all head. However, if your happy drink up.

And, go wings!!

Latest posts

Back