A nice brew day - the good, the bad, the ugly, and the question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCericola

Reaction score
I expected bad weather, but instead got a bit windy of a day but in the end, I think it turned out alright.

The great:
2nd all-grain batch.
Still have all my fingers.
New wart chiller (homemade, 1/4" copper) worked fantastically without a single leak thanks to a compression fitting. It cooled from boiling to 80 in 15-minutes.

The good:
A neighbor came by towards the end and helped out. Wasn't much to do but after the long brew a 2nd set of hands helps.
I hit my volume.

The "bad":
I missed my efficiency. I forgot to check the temperature in the mash-tun after adding the grains and I think I mashed way too low. But rather than counting this as a failure, I count this as a learning experience.

The question:
I did a rye-ale (2lbs of rye between malt and flaked). I did a good job getting a nice golden colour but the beer is very cloudy. Is this normal or a symptom of some problem in the process?

Wait it out, way too early. I have yet to have a beer that didn't clear eventually.

Back